With the dramatic and fundamental changes brought about to our industry because of COVID19, Slixa was excited to introduce the new profile upgrade for Distance Dating, allowing advertisers to continue to capitalize on our record traffic by promoting online-only interactions with viewers and clients.
It just made sense, that Slixa advertisers would be ready to pivot to online work and primed for success in a way that few others would be.
What we learned quickly though, is that there’s a (sometimes steep) learning curve to successful online work. And that it may not be what some folks are able or want to do with their quarantine and stay-at-home time. Things like security concerns, brand misalignment, and even just the practical and technical worries of creating content or broadcasting live can make online work seem insurmountable for some.
But Slixa’s prime directive is now, as it has always been: to help you succeed.
Which is why we are pleased to introduce our new Distance Dating education series, designed to offer advice, practical tips, and reviews of apps, platforms, and services. Starting next week, we will tackle one topic per week, breaking down the best tools for the job, and highlighting valuable advice from a community member who is already succeeding in that space.
Up first is Messaging Apps: how to find the best balance of features and security (hint: it’s not WhatsApp).
As we begin, we’ve got some tips on how best to optimize your Slixa profile to promote Distance Dating options. Ready?
How to Optimize your Slixa Profile for Distance Dating
- Do a refresh of your words and photos. Are they saying what you want them to say? Maybe a full-rewrite isn’t necessary, but if you presently have more time to devote to (paid) correspondence, for example, let it be known!
If you’ve been making some new photos at home, consider sharing a few of those on your profile to demonstrate that you can dazzle with or without a pro shoot.
Make sure each of your social links is correct. Adding Twitter, Snap, or Instagram links to your Slixa profile automatically adds clickable icons to your sidebar, so viewers can follow in a flash.
- Decide which online connections you’re interested in offering and use the new Distance Dating banner to list out exactly what you’re doing and how much you’ll ask for it. Paid texting and email plans, paid phone dates, and 1-on-1 video chat are popular ideas so far, but the only real limit is your imagination. Take a trip around the virtual block and see what other providers are doing if you need some inspiration.
- Drop your wishlists into Slixa’s new Gift Me profile element. It’s a great way to passively encourage fans and viewers to send some affection in your direction (and easy to stock Amazon wishlists with super-practical gift card ideas for groceries and household necessities from retailers like Whole Foods or Lowes).
- If you’re already making content or offering cam sessions include those links on Slixa as well! Sending a steady stream of site viewers over to your OnlyFans or ManyVids pages is a great way to passively attract new subscribers.
- Make an intro video specifically for Slixa! The next time you’re feeling confident and fully assembled (hard to do in these strange times, so don’t be too hard on yourself if you aren’t there every day), shoot a 30-45 second intro video (your phone on a stand works great for this, or borrow some of Terri G’s tips for pro selfies) welcoming viewers to your profile, and letting them know you’re excited to connect with them online.
Profiles with videos have almost double the clickthrough and contact rates of those without.
Subscribe to the Slixa Blog now to receive automatic emails whenever we post new content, and check back each week for new advice on how to make your online work as successful as your offline work!
-The Slixa Team