Please let us know about any organizations that we missed. We will be happy to add them.
Service Provider Advocacy Organizations
North America (United States)
- Ask First Campaign | An initiative started and run by service providers creating awareness about consent.
- St James Infirmary | Peer-based occupational health and safety clinic for sex workers of all genders.
- Lysistrata | Online-based, community run sex worker mutual care collective.
- Sex Workers Project | Provides legal and social services to individuals who engage in sex work.
- Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) USA | National social justice network dedicated to the fundamental human rights of people involved in the sex trade and their communities.
- Survivors against SESTA | Archive of national SAS Campaign.
- ESPLERP | Advocates for the privacy rights of erotic service providers through legal advocacy, education, and research.
- Desiree Alliance | Works to reinvigorate the sex workers’ rights movement in the US
- HIPS | Provides compassionate harm reduction services, advocacy, and community engagement in Washington, D.C., that is respectful, non-judgmental, and affirms and honors individual power and agency.
- Best Practices Policy Project | Supports organizations and advocates working with service providers.
- COYOTE, RI | Advocates for policies that promote the health and safety of service providers.
- NJRUA | Dedicated to promoting, defending, and advocating for human rights of service providers in the state of New Jersey.
- Stroll PDX | A harm reduction, outreach, and education group in Portland, OR.
- BSWC | Seeks to address the needs of current and former black service providers.
- SOAR | Works to shift minds, hearts, and skills of service providers, communities, and policy makers to benefit those involved in the sex industry.
- SWOP Chicago | a grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of current and former providers in the Chicago area.
- Support Ho(s)e | Building radical community for providers in Chicago and New York.
- SWOP TUSCON | Tucson has been one of the nation’s foremost cities in the Sex Worker Rights Movement, hosting international events and festivals since 2001.
- SWOP Behind Bars | National social justice network dedicated to the fundamental human rights of people who face discrimination from the criminal justice system due to stigma associated with the sex trade.
- SWOP Seattle | Seattle chapter of the Sex Workers Outreach Project, serving sex workers, and allies in the greater Seattle area.
- WPN Power, Co. - Provides harm reduction, self-care, education and support services in Atlanta, GA.
- WWAV, New Orleans | Social justice non-profit that addresses issues faced by women of color.
- Woodhull Freedom Foundation | Organization devoted to education and public advocacy in support of the principle that consensual sexual expression is a fundamental human right.
- SWFest | Film and Arts Festival that focuses on Bay Area providers and their communities.
- Project SAFE Philly | Promotes human rights-based public health and harm reduction among women, gender nonconforming, and trans providers.
- SWOP Baltimore | Focused on advocating for harm reduction approaches to services, promoting positive representations of sex workers in our community, and agitating for decriminalization of sex work in Maryland.
- Coalition for Rights & Safety | Organizations promoting self-determination, safety, well-being, and human rights of SP.
- We Are Dancers USA | We Are Dancers is a harm reduction and advocacy organization providing comprehensive, needs-based information and resources.
North America (Canada)
- Maggie's Toronto - Assists service providers to live and work with safety and dignity
- PACE Society - Provide support to SPs, including violence prevention education, one-to-one support, advocacy & referrals, peer outreach, and drop-in services.
- Stella - Provide information, health clinics & other social services
- SPOC - SP activist network that engages in advocacy and education.
- Butterfly - Provides support to, and advocates for, the rights of Asian and migrant SP.
- SHOP - Newfoundland and Labrador based peer advocacy group
- SWAN - Provdes support for newcomer, migrant and immigrant women SP
- Shift Calgary - Provides support services to current and form SP
- Stepping Stones - Charitable organization that provides services and support
- SWLR - Canadian based org addressing law reform.
- MSWP - Advocates for safety and dignity for all providers regardless of immigration status.
- NSWP - Global netowrk of SP organizations.
- SWEAT - South African based org advocating for human rights.
- ASWA - Pan African alliance of SP-led organisations.
- AWAC - Female SP led initiative to promote the role of upcountry/rural based SP-led CBOs.
- BHESP - Their mission is to influence policy and facilitate provision of quality health services, human rights awareness, legal services and economic empowerment for SP.
- APNSW - A regional network working to promote and protect the health and human rights of SP in Asia and the Pacific.
- WNU - Promotes the human rights and civil liberties of SP.
- Scarlet Alliance - Objectives, policies and programs, aims to achieve equality, social, legal, political, cultural and economic justice for past and present SP.
- NZPC - Organization integral in drafting the New Zealand Model
- SWOP Australia - SWOP Australia
- RTS - Central and South america network of SP organizations.
- PLAPERTS - Central american regional platform that advicates for the defense and promotion of human rights for SP.
- TAMPEP - Migrant peer-led network that seeks to advance the rights and health of migrant and mobile SP across Europe.
- Red Umbrella Fund - Joins together funders and SP in support of the human rights.
- ICRSE - Network of organizations and their allies that work together to support human and labour rights, law, policy and practice.
- SWAN - Network of organizations engaged in advocating for human rights of SP in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- CDCP - Organises campaigns aimed at raising public awareness over the dignity and rights of SP.
- POW - Organisation supporting the rights of SP
- NUM - Organisation which provides greater access to justice and protection for SP.
- IUSW - Organistion that campaigns for the human, civil and labour rights of SP.
- SCOT-PEP - Charity dedicated to the promotion of SP rights, safety, and health.
- Pros Collective - Self-help group of SP.
- SWARM - A diverse and inclusive community of SP who work together to improve working conditions and resist violence.
- SWRH - Connects researchers and academics across a range of Universities and disciplines.
- Thriving in Sex Work by Lola Davina
- Healing Sex by Staci Haines
- Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Allies in Healing by Laura Davis
- I Never Called It Rape: The Ms. Report on Recognizing, Fighting, and Surviving Date and Acquaintance Rape by Robin Warshaw
- Playing on the Edge: Sadomasochism, Risk, and Intimacy by Staci Newmahr
- Pornography and the Doubleness of Sex for Women
- The Line Campaign - empowering young leaders to end sexual violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224
- After Silence
- Dancing With the Darkness
- Abuse and BDSM - Kinky Little Girl
- Domism: Role Essentialism and Sexism Intersectionality in the BDSM Scene - Yes Means Yes
- Kink Abuse
- Kink Aware Professionals
- National Leather Association’s Domestic Violence Project
- CUAV - Community United Against Violence: lgbtq resource
- Gay Men’s Domestic Violence Project - hotline 1-800-832-1901
- Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships
- Relationship Violence in LGBTQ Communities
- NorthWest Network
Male Survivor Specific
On What You Can Do/Say to Promote Consent Culture
- Negotiating Beyond the Norm - the Bureau of Erotic Discourse
- Creative Interventions: a Toolkit
- Safe/Ward Guide for Community Members - Kitty Stryker
- Safe/Ward Guide for Community Leaders - Kitty Stryker
- Calling IN: A Less Disposable Way of Holding Each Other Accountable - Black Girl Dangerous
On What You Can Do/Say to Survivors of Abuse
On Victim Blaming and Predators
- What a Victim Blaming World Looks Like to a Victim - BGG2WL
- Meet the Predators - Yes Means Yes